NexDegree is looking for a Senior Technical Lead to drive engineering talent and help us build next generation data analytics products for a variety of industry verticals.
You are a true technology enthusiast and self starter who believes in ownership and advocacy for the underlying design elements, developer platforms, product components, and infrastructure at NexDegree. As someone well-versed and current in software development including the latest front & back-end technologies, you will use your technical judgment, experience and knowledge to build out execution strategy, architecture, and lead teams from concept to deployment and support.
- Manage software engineers designing and developing enterprise-level solutions by providing technical advice, coaching, and direction
- Leverage, synthesize and integrate work from team members.
- Ensure team members follow disciplined software development methodology, guidelines and standards.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement.
- Drive technical discussions and serve as a technical expert for team members
- Evaluate stability, compatibility, scalability, interoperability, and performance of products
- Ensure following of documentation best practices within the team
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Computer Science or related disciplines, or 3+ years relevant experience in managing software design, development and testing
- Hand-on technical experience in design/code-reviews/coding
- 4+ years with technical team management
- 4+ years in creating architectures and developing software products
- Customer-first and results-oriented mindset and the ability to make practical decisions when making engineering choices
- Experience in use of Atlassian JIRA, Confluence, Git & current tools
- Container based micro-services architectures (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience developing software in Linux environments
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks
- Familiarity with API development and integration best practices
- Cloud Hosted tools and services such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Frontend technologies such as ReactJS , Angular, Bootstrap
- Python frameworks and hosting – Django, Flask, Gunicorn
- SQL & SQL based RDBMS systems (e.g. MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
Additional Desired Skills
- Familiarity with SAP / Oracle / Microsoft ERP Systems
- Familiarity with data pipeline architectures (e.g. Airflow, Metaflow)
- Familiarity with NoSQL architectures (e.g. MongoDB, Hadoop, Spark)