NexDegree is looking for an experienced Python Developer to join our Engineering team and help us develop and deliver software applications for a variety of industries.
Responsibilities include writing and testing code, debugging programs and integrating applications with third-party web services. To be successful in this role, you should have experience using server-side logic. Ultimately, you’ll be building highly responsive web applications that align with our business needs.
- Develop cloud-based software products
- Working closely with UI / UX and Front-end Developers
- Participating in architectural, design and product discussions
- Designing and creating RESTful APIs for internal and partner consumption
- Working in an agile environment with a team of project managers, engineers, front end developers, QAs and Data Engineers
- Coordinate with internal teams to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions
- Test and debug programs
- Improve and optimize functionality of existing systems
- Implement security and data protection solutions
- BS in Computer Science/ Software Engineering from a reputable institute/university
- Minimum 2+ years of working experience as a Python Developer
- Knowledge of object-relational mapping (ORM)
- Experience deploying Python applications into production
- Expertise in at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask etc.)
- Well-honed skills in relational databases (i.e. MSSQL Server, MySQL, etc.)
- Knowledge of containerization technologies like Docker, Kubernetes is a plus.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure knowledge is a plus
- Strong knowledge of version control e.g. Git
- Experience working in collaborative environments and working with project management tools e.g. Jira
- Good problem-solving skills
- A self-organizing and self-driven team player, with good leadership skills