This position is based in Karachi. Interested candidates should be willing to relocate.
3+ years of professional DevOps experience required (hands-on experience with Linux is needed)
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission-critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and security.
- Help senior staff in managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, application software, and system management tools under senior supervision
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Ensure scalability of deployed platforms and the ability to diagnose and debug system performance bottlenecks
- Supporting client development teams in the configuration and deployment of product / service platforms
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Knowledge/working experience in installing and/or configuring UNIX /Linux-based environments.
- Experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g. Apache, Ruby, NGINX)
- Cloud experience, preferably in AWS and/or Azure is highly desirable
- Experience with Cacti / Nagios / WebRTC / Freeswitch would be highly desirable
- Experience with CI/CD platforms either in the cloud + hosted modalities
- Working experience on Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes cluster, and Terraform would be a
- Scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python) would be a major plus
- Good networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- At least 3 years of professional experience (hands-on experience with Linux is needed)
- Familiarity with Agile Framework / Scrum is desirable