NexDegree looking for a mid-career Data Scientist to work alongside us as we leverage data to solve challenging and impactful problems across a variety of industries.
- Gather knowledge from public and client resources to quickly understand the key levers of a given business domain
- Wrangle client and public data to create datasets suitable for appropriate modeling tasks
- Derive actionable business insights from available data using best-in-class predictive and optimization models
- Efficiently iterate on experiments to achieve the above
- Collaborate with Data and Application Engineering functions to embed modeling code into deployable systems
- Communicate insights and results to internal and external stakeholders including both technical and business audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical subject (Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Physics, Electrical Engineering etc.). An MBA would be a plus.
- Solid understanding of mathematics, statistics and probability
- 3 years of experience building predictive and optimization models in a commercial or academic setting
- Demonstrated history of delivering high quality analytical work to decision makers, preferably in a client services environment.
- Familiarity with SQL and Python
- Hands on experience in Python scientific computing eco-system (pandas, NumPy, scikit-learn and matplotlib)
- Familiarity with at least one open-source deep learning framework (e.g. PyTorch)
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of machine learning models including both supervised and unsupervised variants in a variety of tabular/structured settings (cross-sectional, panel, time-series etc)
- Experience with non-structured data settings e.g. vision and NLP is a plus
- Basic understanding of classical OR problem settings (e.g. transportation, transshipment, network analysis, inventory control etc.)
Excellent written and oral communication skills