NexDegree is looking for a Network Engineer, who will work directly with a US based high-value company client. In this role, the Engineer will help analyze the networking, infrastructure, and security needs of the client and will work with a team to help implement an entirely new network design to support their enterprise. The network will span multiple physical locations, as well as cloud-hosted systems in Microsoft Azure.
This position is based in Karachi. Interested candidates should be willing to relocate.
Work shifts will be during US working hours (Nightshift in Pakistan)
Fluency in written and oral English communication is a must.
- Test, monitor, and troubleshoot network infrastructure, primarily Cisco-based equipment
- Configure various network devices and services
- Conduct system upgrades and network maintenance
- Evaluate and recommend hardware and software for potential use in client's network environment
- Provide Tier-2/3 support and troubleshooting
- Contribute to enterprise-wide network migration projects, with guidance from the team leader
- Stay informed and knowledgeable about new and existing network technologies, both physical and virtual
- 3+ years of network engineering experience (familiarity with a campus environment preferred)
- Hands-on experience in Microsoft Azure
- Proficiency with network services and protocols, such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Proficiency with standard network equipment, such as switches, firewalls, and routers
- Proficiency with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Experience working with wireless technology and hardware
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field
- Experience and relevant certifications with Cisco equipment and software (such as Cisco ISE)